GM water pump

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Thu Oct 15 01:24:49 GMT 1998

>Thanks Greg at least that is the theory I am working on now.  The bleeder
>tap is on
>the top of the pump its a 3/8 drive plug.

 Don't know this engine, but on most, there is also a small air bleed hole
>> somewhere near the thremostat (usually 1/16 to 3/32 diameter) which lets
>> air bubble past the stat during initial filling.

I don't think that we are talking about the same bleed hole yet. the LITTLE
bleed hole is probably under the thermostat horn, right beside the stat.
Just enough of a bypass to let air bypass a closed stat into the horn and
radiator hose--it only vents around the stat, not to open air.