DIY_EFI Digest V3 #410

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Thu Sep 3 14:31:55 GMT 1998

> From: talltom at espace.dcl.com
> Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 01:03:38 PDT
> Subject: RE: DIY_EFI Digest V3 #409
>
>  This is probably off topic for here, but I plead for pity...
>   I've quite accidently become a Ford owner, and am pretty much in a
> fog on them. I've got fuel through injector,(85 tempo) replaced everything
> in fuel and ign system except o2 sensor and brain. It used to run, but
> oly with major vacuum lines disconnected, and when it would idle it
> was horrible. IT WOULD DRIVE AND RUN ON ALL CYLINDERS, occasionally.
> One day while idling it died, and has yet to ever re-light. I've
> checked for obvious bad connections, but admit not knowing where to look.
> Any of you Ford guys got some tricks up your sleeve I don't know??

Your post is a bit confusing to me.  But this sounds serious enough that you need
to start from the basics.  You need fuel, compression and spark for an engine to
run.

Run a compression test, see if you have spark and fuel squirting when you try to
start the engine, then get back to us.

The only thought I have is your timing belt is messed up.  Does this car have one?

Joe (GM to the bone) Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban