DIY_EFI Digest V3 #412

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Fri Sep 4 13:50:00 GMT 1998

> From: Shannen Durphey <shannen at mcn.net>
> Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 23:56:16 -0600
> Subject: Re: ESC diagnostic
>
> Lessee, knock box maintains 5v on sensor line.  Sensor produces a/c
> voltage, so any change from 5v within reason means knox.  Mebbee test
> lamp to battery positive and sensor line, in rapid on/off fashion will
> give desired results.  It's what I'd try...12V seems high.
> Shannen

Yes, this is a GM and the one on my Suburban.

Well, guess I'll try setting up the test again and instead of just making a contact, I'll see how fast I can move my hand and make and break the contact to the battery while holding the timing light
with my other hand.

How's that for a mechanical solution to a 555 circuit?

Joe (Primitive) Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban