93 Z28 proms - some results - and questions

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri Sep 4 14:31:58 GMT 1998

I have several different versions of the 93 chip.  I also have several
version of my on chip (done by a tuner) that I know what was changed.

I found several of the tables and was able to determine what some of
it is.

I found a table 1x17 that should be the closed->open loop throttle
tables.  It has values starting at 70% (hex) up to 4000 rpm or so, and
then slowly decreases to about 20% at high rpms.  I think this table
has steps of 500 rpm.  250 or 300 rpm would not give the table enough
range to even cover my cars stock operating area.  How high to the
gm tables generally go?  I am guessing since the computers are used in
alot of different vehicles that it going to 8000 would not be odd, since
some of their other vehicles (which may use the same computer) may
get to some of those higher rpms.  Also where does the rpm start 0 or
the first value (500)?

I also found a table 16 rows x 17 columns.  I am guessing this is the
part throttle table.  This table was identical on all of the aftermakert
chips and the stock GM chip I had (not my stock gm chip).  It was
different on my custom chip (not a suprise I have bigger injectors). By
the length of 17 I am guessing the rpm step is 500, and the 16 is the
number of cells (diacom references 16 regions for the computer to be in).
Does anyone know what conditions that are used to decide which of
the 16 cells are used?  This is a MAP car (no MAF).  I am guessing
that to check all the cells I may need to fabricate a throttle stop
to allow me to easily set the car in 1 region, or at least the same
sets of regions through a run.

I also found a table that I know is the WOT table.  I had the tuner
reduce my low end fuel, and found those reductions.  This table is
1 row by more than 17 values (I don't know how many values), and since
the reductions are up to 17 (and we were not reducing high end) that
the step side is les than 500 (300 maybe, or 250?).

I also found another table that my car has changes of about the right
magnitude to adjust for bigger injectors.  This table is I belive
somewhere around 1x16 or so, would this be the idle enrichment table?
Does idle use the part throttle cells above or does idle have its own
table.  By what diacom seems to say it looks like idle uses the part
throttle tables to govern it, which would make this the idle enrichment
table.

Some other questions.  What will the idle rpm/idle rpm in gear look
like, I am assuming something like rpm/25 so it will fit in 1 hex
location.   I may be rpm/50 though.  The revlimiter is set to 6700
so that would require it to be rpm/50 since rpm/25 >256, would that
mean that any rpms represented in the talbes would probably be
rpm/50 and not rpm/25?  I am going to have to try looking for
references to these locations in the code and try to figure out
how they are indexed.

				Roger Heflin
				93 Z28