Reversing the '8625

Mike Pitts mpitts at netspeak.com
Fri Sep 4 14:47:32 GMT 1998

Hi all,

I've started the process of reversing the cal from an '8625 TBI PCM.
This is from a '93 4.3L CPI "W" engine code Olds Bravada (same as
Blazer, etc).  The PCM also controls the 4L60E transmission.  This
same PCM is also used on some 5.7L TBI trucks of the '93-'94 time
frame.

I've sent the file to a couple of list elders already, but thought that I
should let the general list know in case someone else is interested
whom I don't know about.

At any time you may find the reversed cal at:
http://www.emi.net/~mpitts/Bbnt.asm

I will update this file periodically as I make progress, which will no
doubt be slow since I am *not* very good with assembler level code.
I am sure this will be littered with bugs, but it's all that I have.  If
you find any in the code I would want to know about, please let
me know.  I can be reached at: mailto:mpitts at emi.net

The ultimate goal is to find the transmission, fueling and spark
parameters so I can turbocharge the engine and alter the shifting
characteristics.  This may be of interest to those who would want
to add a supercharger to this engine as well.

Thanks,
-Mike