DIY_EFI Digest V3 #412 + CSH Diagnostic aid

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Sep 4 15:46:44 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Boucher <BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com>
To: diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, September 04, 1998 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: DIY_EFI Digest V3 #412

>> From: Shannen Durphey <shannen at mcn.net>
>> Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 23:56:16 -0600
>> Subject: Re: ESC diagnostic
>> Lessee, knock box maintains 5v on sensor line.  Sensor produces a/c
voltage, so any change from 5v within reason means knox.  Mebbee test  lamp
to battery positive and sensor line, in rapid on/off fashion will  give
desired results.  It's what I'd try...12V seems high.
>> Shannen
>Yes, this is a GM and the one on my Suburban.
>Well, guess I'll try setting up the test again and instead of just making a
contact, I'll see how fast I can move my hand and make and break the contact
to the battery while holding the timing light
>with my other hand.
>How's that for a mechanical solution to a 555 circuit?

OK, for testing Distributor pick-up coils whatsa do?.  How about
holding your weller soldering gun right over it, and see if ya get
a spark.  Works best remote coil..
Cheers
Bruce    Doc likes running the above tests, cheaper than going to
              someone who knows what their doing for his electro-
              shock therapy