switching over carb to fi on ford 302.

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Sep 5 02:24:26 GMT 1998

>I'm currently rebuilding a boat that has a 302 ford engine is it.
>What my question to all of you is, should I look at scavenging parts for
>the FI off of a car or should I take a look at those after market kits?
>
>The boating season will be gone here in MN before I'll even get a chance
>to drop it in the water, so time is of no mater, I'm looking at factors
>like: Price, Reliability, and ease of finding replacement parts.
>
>Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
>Dave

Hi Dave,

I have a buddy who has a seriously built 351 W which is without a current
home. It was always a carb motor, but likely could be converted to FI as
easily as a 302. But my thought was that just the 351 with a Holley might
well get you more for less, particularly if the 302 is stock and/or a bit
tired. Let me know if you want me to pursue it for you.

Regards, Greg