L-Jetronic Air-flow sensor

Jake Lindeke jlindeke at bsfh.org
Sun Sep 6 07:40:13 GMT 1998

Accually this is not all true, yes there are many cases where the meter can
not be swaped, such as the 87-92 supra turbo and 86-92 supra Na but the mr-2
turbo meter will work on the 86-92 supra na or the other way around. also
the lexus V8(SE400 for example) meter will work on a 87-92 Supra turbo with
550cc injectors installed as well. so there are many cases where you can
swap the meters, but a better way around the ristriction problem is an HKS
VPC (vein pressure converter) they come programed for certin cars but can be
made to work on other cars the VPC removes the meter completly and takes
other info from the engine to 'guess' on what the reading should be there is
a small console that is mounted on the dash somewhere and is used to tune
the vpc.

I run a mr-2 turbo VPC on my non turbo supra. for racing all i have is a
valisity stack connected to my trottle body too keep the air flow smooth.
really confuses some people to see it like that.

also the spring on the meter can be adjusted to have less tension. on toyota
meters there is a large gear and a peace of metal hoilding it from turning
all you do is hold the metal back and turn the gear, this will add or remove
tension as you need. it really effects the proformance of the car.

--jake