L-Jetronic Air-flow sensor

Zack zubenubi at inetport.com
Sun Sep 6 14:40:22 GMT 1998

> but a better way around the ristriction problem is an HKS
> VPC (vein pressure converter) they come programed for certin cars but can be
> made to work on other cars

Sounds like this VPC is basically a speed-density to air-flow
convertor?  How much do they typically cost?  It seems like if you
started with a suitable number of RPM / Manifold pressure / Air flow
meter data points, this would be a very productive area for DIY
fiddling.

> also the spring on the meter can be adjusted to have less tension.

Yeah, I've cracked mine open before and had a look, the problem is I
already know that my flow meter is maxing out before I reach peak
power, so doing that for now is OK, but ultimately if I start making
internal mods to my car's engine I need a better system with more
measurement capacity to go along with bigger injectors.