Port Style Injection vs "Direct" Injection

Jeremy Pronk jpronk at linkalarm.com
Wed Sep 9 01:51:26 GMT 1998

Hi all,

Looking at putting an injection system on my rally car, motor is a 1600 boxer with twin webers. I previously had an efi system where the IDF webers where simply replaced by a "throttle" body style
weber, which you could also plug the injectors into.

This time round I want to tape injector bosses into the inlet manifold, right near the head (like the later model motors of the same type) and replace the webers with a straight pipe (for each
choke), and a throttle body somewhere along the way.
So essentially each inlet into the head would have a vertical "pipe", with an injector at the head, and a throttle body somewhere above it.

Now, from a performace only point of view, does this system sound better than the weber port style injection?

regards,
Jeremy