EFI vs. Webers

ChrisBourk at aol.com ChrisBourk at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 02:44:25 GMT 1998

Jerey,

Webers are GREAT carburators but a good fuel injection system has many
andvantages.

Carburators sap the intake charge energy in drawing the fuel in and the needed
restriction for the ventury can not be avoided.

<<Hi all,

Looking at putting an injection system on my rally car, motor is a 1600 boxer
with twin webers. I previously had an efi system where the IDF webers where
simply replaced by a "throttle" body style
weber, which you could also plug the injectors into.

This time round I want to tape injector bosses into the inlet manifold, right
near the head (like the later model motors of the same type) and replace the
webers with a straight pipe (for each
choke), and a throttle body somewhere along the way.
So essentially each inlet into the head would have a vertical "pipe", with an
injector at the head, and a throttle body somewhere above it.

Now, from a performace only point of view, does this system sound better than
the weber port style injection?

regards,
Jeremy>>