Data logging efi

Jake Lindeke jlindeke at bsfh.org
Thu Sep 10 06:11:59 GMT 1998

I am working on a system for my car that not only can record data but replace
some of the data with new values allowing me to tune the car. what you need to
done is the easy part there are plenty of data equation boards on the market
although they are pricey. all you would have to do it wright software that
converts the raw signal into readable data, such as graphs or gauges on the
screen or printed.

> All,
> Has any one had any success with logging all efi data the comp recieves -
> is it possible to feed the voltages straight into the com ports and get
> the data that way. I am interested in converting an old 486 or so laptop
> to be permanently mounted in the car and constantly recording everything
> that happens, ie oil temp, water temp, air temp before and after turbo,
> boost pressure, rpm's, road speed, afm voltages, and so on Was is the
> easiest way of doing this?
>
> Thankyou for your help.
>
> Ben Marsh

--Jake Lindeke