Turbocharging a CMFI engine

peter paul fenske ffnsp955 at bcit.bc.ca
Fri Sep 11 08:12:16 GMT 1998

Hi Mike

I've given thought to turbo charging the 97 4.3
I ve got in my S10 also.. It is a little different
in that there are 6 injectors feeding 6 poppets.
I am pretty sure the reg which is mounted inside
the intake top is vac referenced.
I have been told it takes about 6PSI positive to
open the poppet valve. So boost is gonna hold it
closed if anything for a bit more

If you are not gonna go for broke (14 PSI) that is
and settle for 8 or so a rising rate FMU plumbed into
the return line should do it. Then fudge with the
AFR to get the mix right at WOT..

You could also use the famous 555 cct or TL494
with a two bar map to power an aux injector..
This is what Paxton does I believe..

I didn't think 93s came with OBDII
Have been wrong before

Terry has some vestages of OBDI in his 92 SC3800 code
but full OBDII is not implemented.

GL:peter