Motronic?

ChrisBourk at aol.com ChrisBourk at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 02:24:17 GMT 1998

<< Is Motronic a BMW system?

 Joe (Very verbose today) Boucher
 '70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban >>

Motronic is a Bosh system.  It is used by BMW. It is the eveolution of the
Jetronic and K Jetronic I believe.  Montronic meaning "one" (if I am correct)
the fuel injection and ignition control is within the one Motronic system.
Uses an E-prom that hold the ignition and fuel maps with flywheel sensors,
tempature sensors, and RPM sensors as imputs.  I am VERY interested in
unpacking this system and reprograming the e-prom as well and generally
understaning it better.  I have the Probst Bosh manual but it really doesn't
get into it on a chip level.

Christopher