Blown Water pump

T Hergen thergen at svn.net
Thu Sep 17 04:21:16 GMT 1998

If doubt the following in itself would cause a failure, but it
can't hurt to check...
If there is a heater core water cutoff valve (usually actuated
when the A/C is switched to max), make sure it isn't installed
backwards.  When properly installed, the water still flows to
the valve and back to the engine when the valve is actuated.
If backwards, the flow through the heater hoses is stopped
completely when the valve is actuated.

Mine is now mounted upsidedown because the mechanic who replaced
my heater core switched the 5/8" and 3/4" extensions.

Tom