Injector Clean

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Sep 17 04:36:52 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: peter paul fenske <ffnsp955 at bcit.bc.ca>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Thursday, September 17, 1998 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: Injector Clean

>Hi David
>
>Summit sells a Sutton on car cleaner.
>Connect a bottle of cleaner to your test valve
>disable the fuel pump and run the kar till bottle
>is empty.
>
>Not as good as bench cleaning, and there are
>conflicting arguments about injector damage.
>
>Still much better than dumping?? in tank

Well working at dealerships we used the pressureized can
stuff, and had at least good results.
Working on neighbors cars, and me own the in tank stuff
worked well.

I wouldn't take bets over if one is really better than the other.
Pressure in the rail is potentialy faster.

One common denominator, and no I'm not gonna argue
about it, that the cars running premium fuel had fewer problems.
Weither do to owners differing level of care or gas quality I
don't know.  There has been twice when I got the dregs form
the gas station, and both times the treatment inna can cured
things.

One other thing that seems to mess things up for what seems
to be injector cleaning is when they change fuel brews in cold
country, in the fall+summer, and an odd hot cold day hits.  The
first few brews can leave ya talking to your assitants in foreign
tongues.

Cheers
Bruce        I gotta be good or Doc is threating to let the details
                  out about the recliner incident,,,,,........
Cheers
Bruce