Rotary firings

ChrisBourk at aol.com ChrisBourk at aol.com
Fri Sep 18 03:44:38 GMT 1998

<<
 The each rotor will fire 3 times per rotation.  This would be a total of 6
 exhast pulses per eccentic shaft revolution.  I thought that a 2 cylinder 4
 stroke would have 1 pulse (1/2 per cylinder) per crankshaft revolution.  If
 I am not correct on either, could someone explain why? >>

Simple: 4 strokes = intake (1) compression (2) Power (3) Exhaust (4)
Each stroke takes 180 degrees of revolution therefore: Intake lasts 180
degrees
Compresson lasts 180 degrees Power lasts 180 degrees and Exhausts lasts 180
degrees.  2 cyl 4 stroke would make 1 power stroke for each revolution of the
crankshaft.

Best regards,

Christopher