ID the flaring tool...

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Tue Sep 22 06:16:05 GMT 1998

>If there are any small, old dealerships in the area, your flaring kit
>may have become an  unused tool, like the ABS tester I found for 1969
>Olds (Really).  It's a pretty long shot.
>BTW, today I found out how Kent Moore can support a toll-free number. ;
>)
>
>Gregory A. Parmer wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Shannen Durphey wrote:
>> > Here be the old, old Kent-Moore tool number(s).  Both are referred to in
>> > the text.
>> > J-6892
>> > J-2185
>>
>> You da man!  The # for Kent Moore is 800-345-2233.
>> That's about as far as the good news goes. Try $1175!
>> The second number is apparently no longer good.
>>
>> I knew it was a helluva tool, but never expected it
>> to be *that* good.  This tool is to making flares
>> what a drill press is to drilling holes.
>>
>> Back to more EFI,
>> -greg       now in the market for a USED one.  :)

It would appear that I got an even better deal than I imagined at the time,
eighteen months ago, when I got a complete set of K-M special dealer tools
for a Sidekick/Tracker, new & in the carrying caxe, at a garage sale for
$10.00!! Yes, that is a decimal, not a comma! Please don't tell the Feds,
Bruce, I didn't leave a return address!

Regards, Greg

P.S.---If anybody out there has (and would part with) or ever comes across
a set of K-M tools meant for working on an Allison MT series automatic
tranny, please let me know. The MT series is the old, iron case six speed,
last built in '69. ---G.