ECMs

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Sep 23 16:39:16 GMT 1998

> For all you EE types out there. Can I take my running 68HC11 EFI and
> hook up the new '332 to the same input sensors and run both without the
> outputs of the '332 hooked up?  Can I add additional Inputs to the '332
> and hook them to the HC11 Injector output and monitor (and log) the
> 'HC11 functions?  If so, I'm a lot closer to some real world testing.

Yes, but no.

yes you can run a MAF or O/2 sensor connected to two 68HC11 chipsets, but
dont forget the A/D inputs do have an input impedance that needs to be
dealt with.  I would envision you already have an op-amp or other
stablizing circuit off each sensor to "convert" the output to a 0-5V swing,
thus you could tap at that point with minimal issues.  This I've done.  I
just wouldn't connect to two 68HC chips directly to the sensor.

Buffering with an Op-Amp is very simple.  I've used older high-impedance
chips like the TL084 quad jfet op-amp with the 68HC series with great success.

And radio-shack has the TL084, or they did.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/hb_auto/hb_auto.html

"Hey it fit with only 10 whaps with a hammer!"