Identifying Engine "Thingy's" - Minor EFI Content

Kurek, Larry LKurek at ocfexch2.ocf.anl.gov
Thu Sep 24 14:33:24 GMT 1998

	>1)  Hooking up the engine wiring harness last night I seem to
have run out
	>of plugs for one thing.  It looks to me like an Idle Stabilizer
Valve.  It
	>sits on the passenger side of the engine directly rear-ward of
injector #4.
	>There are two vaccuum looking lines that run from it to the
lower side of
	>the Throttle Body.  Can anyone tell me what that doo-hickey is?

	Either the EGR control valve, or the fuel tank cannister purge
control. I can't remember which. If you want, I can look at my car at
lunch and let you know for sure...

	>2)  A while back some folks had a detailed discussion about
water line
	>routing and such for this engine series.  Could whoever that
was e-mail me
	>privately?  I want to make sure I got this right and the
dealerships out
	>here are less than helpfull.

	No problem. E-mail me for specifics. There are two main lines
that go to the radiator, a smaller bypass line, and the vent line from
the back of cylinder head feeds to the upper hose as well.

	TTYL!

	Larry