Caddy 472-500

Matt Bossard mbossard at bigfoot.com
Thu Sep 24 21:30:33 GMT 1998

---MrCad472 at aol.com wrote:

>   Yes, I have seen the Cadillac DPFI system on a couple of cars. It
was
> available from 1975-76 on the 500ci engine. It had a 2bbl throttle
body
> mounted in the center of the intake like a carburator and a fuel
injector for
> each cylinder. I really don't know that much about the system's
particulars,
> though.
>
> Scott

Scott, I suspect from the name that you might be doing something with a
Cad motor...?  Just curious.  I am adapting a '95 5.7L truck TBI to a
Cad 500 (also using the 4L80E trans).    I was planning to use the
Edelrock aluminum intake with an adaptor for the 2-bbl GM throttle body.

However, I wonder if I could use that '75-'76 Cad DPFI intake instead?
Are the injectors actually located at the intake ports?   I wonder if
the runner-design on that intake is better than on the stock carb
manifolds (wasn't too great).
Now if only I could find one of those DPFI setups....

Matt