Caddy 472-500

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Thu Sep 24 21:32:32 GMT 1998

I misspoke a little.  The Bosch D-Jet is based on original Bendix patents
from the 50's.  I once interviewed at Bendix in 1974 and saw a Cosworth Vega
in their lab.  I know the Vega injection used Bosch parts for sensors, etc.
The Caddy systems I'm not so sure about.  Even if they did use some Bosch
components, I would not be at all suprised if a Bendix guy claimed it was
all Bendix, after all, Bendix did invent it.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>

>When I was playing with that system some 8 years ago, and putting it on the
>Pontiac,  I talked to the original Bendix engineers in Newport News Va.
they
>said it was their own system developed for GM...and specifically done for
those
>engines....the Olds 350, caddy 425, & 500...
> totally differant than anything VW/Bosch could have done....
>
>GENE
>
>Gary Derian wrote:
>>
>> It must have been based on the Bosch D-Jetronic as used on the Caddy
Seville