fuel module

AL8001 at aol.com AL8001 at aol.com
Fri Sep 25 16:46:21 GMT 1998

>Basic function of fuel module (AKA hot fuel handling module) is to keep
>fuel flowing for up to twenty seconds after engine is shut off to
>prevent excessive boiling in the fuel lines.

I'll second this, some of the modules may have been part of a recall/service
action.  From what I remember GM said to install them as a last resort.  In a
crash that ruptures a line the fuel would be pumping out for 20 sec.

Most GM Fi systems use a ECM controlled fuel pump relay and a switch operated
by oil presure. One backs up the other.  It would be a good idea to use a Ford
fuel pump crash sensor ( usually mounted in the trunk ) as a positive pump
shot off.

Harold