What size injector?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Sep 25 17:42:51 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Feingold <rfpro at postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
To: diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, September 25, 1998 11:27 AM
Subject: RE: What size injector?

>The numbers for injector size seem all wrong, maybe a FI expert >has some
thoughts?
>Original engine was 2.8L V6, 140 HP, 6000rpm redline, factory
>injector flow 16lb/hr.
>New engine 3.4L V6, 220-240 HP, 6000rpm redline, size injector
> for displacement or HP? Taking 12 F/A ratio, 6000rpm, and 80%
> duty cycle, seems to result in a large flow rate.
>
>Anyone got a moment?, Thanks.
>
>To answer Bruce's question, it's naturally aspirated.

Kinda odd the way the got the BMFC numbers figured, .68.
Maybe they need a huge amount of acclerator pump?.
But, my quess would be in the 24, and maybe slightly higher
catagory.  Usually have better luck with a "too high" fuel pressure
than "too low".   Also, there are lesser items, that also play a
part in the variables.  What ya might look for is a set of used
injectors out of a oem application that are close.  Like I needed
some 30's and got one set for $50, and the others were a
friends take outs, so took em' all over to a guy that balances/
cleans injectors, and got a matched set of 6 for almost peanuts.
Also, 2 good spares, 2 not to bads, and 2, I can run dry and not
hurt.   Also, if in doubt, using cheapies, for the first go around
doesn't tie your hands to this has too work.
Cheers
Bruce    Had a snap of cold weather and Doc wants to get one
              more chance of skiing in.    Just might have to get that
              Powerstroke dually for next sping.  Least then wouldn't
              matter if the boat trailer tires were flat....