One Bar?

Mike Pitts mpitts at mail.emi.net
Sat Sep 26 03:37:26 GMT 1998

Bruce,

Yes, that sounds right (at least the 14.5 PSI part).
I think the following is also true.

0-BAR is a complete vacuum. (Also minus 14.5 PSI)?
1-BAR is approx. sea level atmospheric pressure.
2-BAR is 14.5 PSI *beyond* sea level pressure.
3-BAR is 29 PSI beyond sea level pressure.

I would also guess that one millibar is the same as
14.5 PSI divided by 1000.  (Hurricane pressures are
measured in millibars).  So 949 millibar is 94.9% of
atmospheric pressure at sea level?

-Mike
Mike Pitts
Delray Beach, FL