1100cc motorcycle injectors?

Jake Sternberg chickens at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Sun Sep 27 23:37:28 GMT 1998

i'm sick of my stupid carburetors leaking fuel all over the place.
it makes my engine look like someone poured rust all over it (red
fuel residue) and i get horrible gas milage, poor power (too rich)
and i'm polluting so much i have nightmares.

so i intend to install fuel injection on my motorcycle ASAP.
I can make the throttlebodies and injector bores, that's no problem.
I can mount the fuel pump and pressure regulator, and make the fuel
rail.  I need help, though, choosing injectors and a computer to
control it all.  I intend to install four oxygen sensors right at
the exhaust ports (single wire unheated).  if i go with a stock ECM,
it'll likely just watch one of them at a time.  also, the vacuum signal
from each port will be very very pulsey, so i assume a good way to hook
up the MAP sensor would be to split to four hoses to the four intakes?
hooking up a vacuum gauge to a single port at idle makes the needle go
nuts.  any suggestions are welcome.

i plan to use a MAP setup, of course.  my bike is a 16-valve 1100cc four.
it's a 1980 suzuki GS1100LT with about 45K on the clock, and revs
to about 9,000 although i've never gone past 7,000.  does anyone have
information or links for reprogramming early-80s volvo LH-jetronic?
i like this setup because it is fuel control only, not ignition, and
is cheap.  i just dont know how to program it.

I have no idea what size or make of injectors to use (anyone have a set
for sale?)  and i'm also wondering if using higher flow fuel injectors
(like those for a 2000cc engine) at low fuel pressure is a possible
solution, since i can't think of any applications for a 1.1L EFI engine.

oh, my bike has no distributor; just two coils in a waste-fire setup.
i could put on a pulsewheel if necessary, although I am content with
the stock ignition timing and advance.  I just want fuel control.

ANY SUGGESTIONS are welcome, preferably through private e-mail.
anyone have an ECM and/or injectors for me, i'm interested.

thanks,
Jake    -   chickens at mail.utexas.edu