Inlet manifold runner length

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Sun Sep 27 23:46:23 GMT 1998

Hi All

I am in the process of making a custom EFI inlet manifold for a straight six.
I will be using a common plenum and a single throttle body or possible two
throttle bodies not sure yet.

Can anyone tell me the correct way of calculation the inlet runner length.

I assume inlet valve to plenum. Or is it inlet valve to throttle body this
calculation will add a extra few inches as the plenum is usually a few
inches wide. After the throttle body there will be a length of about 20
inches of ducting to a airbox. I assume this is not relivent.

<--- Head
------------|
--------,   |
        |   |<--- Plenum