turbo design

d houlton x0710 tc75918 at hpnfssvr.msc.az.boeing.com
Tue Sep 29 15:03:54 GMT 1998

West, David wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone know of any good books that discuss the ins and outs of
> turbo design and modification.
>
> There are a few books that I have seen that are very basic which is
> not what I am after.
>
> Also,
>
> Thanks to everyone that had an input on the injector clean topic.
>
> Regards,
>
> DW

Maximum Boost by Corky Bell
ISBN: 0-8376-0160-6

Lots of good info on turbos and system design.  Sizing, fueling, IC
selection, volume considerations, cooling, system layout, etc., etc.
Shows several examples of turbo systems and also shows how *not* to
do things.

One of the few "text" books I've read front to back in a week.  I'm
working on a turbo installation now and it's helped tremendously in
answering questions that I would have guessed at before.

--Dan