[cl] Knock Modules - LT1

John Hess johnhess at cris.com
Tue Sep 29 15:44:39 GMT 1998

Actually; if you want to decrease the sensitivity of the knock sensor, you
simply remove it (drain the coolant, first), wrap a layer of teflon tape
around the threads and replace it.  Start with it just firm and tighten it
(increasingly) until it actually detects a quarter (or other metal object)
tapped on the block near it.

If it has EVER been overtightened, I will detect all sorts of noises as
knocks.  If undertightened, it may never detect a knock.  I don't recommend
running without it, even if you can find unleaded AVGas.