[cl] Knock Modules - LT1

David Piper dapiper at one.net
Tue Sep 29 17:28:22 GMT 1998

Please tell more about knock sensor installation.  I have just added MSD
knock alert to my custom 280Z turbo test mule and it seems too sensitive,
indicating knock with slight application of throttle under load.  There is
no audible knock under these conditions.  The sensor threads had orange
coating like Hi Temp RTV.  I installed via 1/4" NPT to 1/4"-20 THD adapter
to block high near head between cyl 4 and 5.  Is there preferred method?  I
have fabricated hose clamp with nut to mount sensor on customer's car on
Dyno as warning.  This may not work, since difficult to calibrate.  What do
u think.

Thanks

TurboDave