More VSS

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Sep 30 19:23:43 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: jdzura at csc.com <jdzura at csc.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 1998 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: More VSS

>The DS-C304 is a ttl output Crystal oscillator. Nearly any frequency will
do, but the slower the better. The frequency of the oscillator defines the
width of the pulse coming out of the Xor gate. At 100 MPH, the VSS freq
should be 2*100*2000, or 400KHz  right?  As long as the oscillator is 500
KHz or above you should be OK.
>I'm pretty sure Digikey has 1 MHz XO43 Style oscillators.

OK, I been thru the Newark, and Digi-key cats, and the 7474 are
SN74LS74AN, is that the same part?.
I can't find a DS-C304A anywhere...
Is a MC74HC86N the right thing?.
Bruce