Camshafts

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Apr 2 20:16:54 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, April 02, 1999 10:19 AM
Subject: Camshafts

I do read D Vizard, amongst others, and I don't limit myself to text.
I've spent some time talking to Scooter Brothers at Comp Cam, and been to a
number of Crane fests.  Dun worked on grinding some cam patterns.  Been
tuning in earnest for a few years, and some of it was dyno work.
  Also, been to a couple county fairs.
Bragging, done.
  Bottom line, seen some stuff that shouldn't have worked anywhere near as
well as it did, and some stuff that looked really good on paper that didn't
run wortha hoot....
  Yep, there is some Net Junk floating around, and I'm sure some folks
consider my opinions at best, non-sense.  But, I'll keep an open ear to all
I hear, an open eye to what I read, and never rely on one source, too much.
  If ya wanna thrill, talk to some of the magazine editors when they are
looking for help.
While certain writters have been doers, some of them ain't dun nuttin
honey........
Happy Easter
Bruce
          Went to Hooters the other night, and darn, I couldn't find an owl
anywhere.............
          For the blokes overseas, it's a business where healthy lassies
serve beer+snacks....

>Spend 20 bucks.  Buy the best de-bs'ing and debunking book on cams ever
>written - "How to build and modify Chevrolet Small-Block V-8 Camshafts and
>valvetrains"  Dave Vizard ( Forward by Harvey Crane  sr)  Motor Books
>International  ISBN0-87938-595-2.
>Its 95 per cent cams and valve theory practice etc and a smattering of
chevy
>specific.   It will prevent you from swallowing all the rotten fish from
>Denmark on the internet - unless of course - you like bull feces.
Snip