EEC-IV Modifying for low impedance injectors

FHPSTANG1 at aol.com FHPSTANG1 at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 06:55:24 GMT 1999

In a message dated 4/11/99 4:06:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, psd105 at psu.edu
writes:

<< The information I read in the archives from Dan Malek
 stated
 that the Switching Transistors, Zener Diodes, and Heat sinks need to be
 changed.  But, I didn't see any transistors used for the injectors on
 the
 schematic, maybe I'm looking at the wrong schematic?  >>

OK, You need to get your hands on an EEC-IV (2.3L Turbo) And crack that puppy
open. You can see the injector drivers. HOWEVER, the 2.3L EEC only has 2
injector drivers. One driver fires 2 injectors. So they are "Batch Fired".
The 5.0 EEC on the other hand has one driver per injector. But the same
drivers (Or Switching Transistors) are used to control other things as well,
(Such as the IAC, EGR etc) and there are a total of 8 drivers (All the same)
in ONE 2.3L EEC.

>From what i can see, the computer sends a signal to the driver, which allows
the current to flow through, a diode and capacitor are involved, and that's
it. It's a very simple part of the circuit.

Now where was that EEC-IV Schematic??? I want a copy of that!

John Miller