Won't go into learn

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Sun Apr 18 03:13:23 GMT 1999

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Bruce Plecan wrote:

> I've got a Diacom run of a Syclone that isn't running right.  Everything
> looks good, but the odd thing is that learn stays off...  Is this  a clue
> that it's using a default value for something?.
> Bruce

Yes, and my car has set a codes when it puts things in that
state. When my knock sensor failed it set a knock sensor failed code,
and then proceded to run the car in open loop mode (rich, safer for a
failed knock sensor).   I would think it would set a code if it did go
into that mode (unless someone wired the car to permanently be in open
loop mode, it could be done, and I have heard that some of the custom
chips do do this).

			Roger