sequential gearboxes

Steve maxboost at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 18 04:26:32 GMT 1999

Big snip

> How things are handled on NA engines I'm not sure.  I have seen one
>article in a local boy racer mag describing how to set up a flat change by
>sensing clutch depression and activating a rev limiter while you shift,
>dodgy at best.

Actually I have tried this method on my 300ZXT and it works pretty well.
The boost doesn't drop off near as much when shifting.  Makes for a BIG bang
in the exhaust when it turns the spark back on.

One caution, this WILL melt your cat if you have one.  I did that once and
now save this trick for the track only.

Regards,
Steve