Help!!!

justin w ivan und stnt jwi0939 at megahertz.njit.edu
Sun Apr 18 19:35:20 GMT 1999

   This is not EFi related but it is fuel realted so if anyone can help me
I would greatly appreciate it.
    Here is my problem:
		I have an 87 dodge ram van 318ci V8 2bbl carb that is
giving me fits.  The main problem is that it is very hard to start but it
will evantually start. Once started it idles fast (That I can fix) but as
soon as I shift into gear and load the engine it dies.  So far I have
replaced:
			Distributor Cap and Rotor
			Plugs and Plug wires
			Coil
			Fuel filter

Lastly I drained the gast tank of the remaining fuel (left about 1/2
gallon in tank because I didn't want to completely drop the tank due to I
am doing this in a parking lot)  and replaced the gas wit 5 gallons of new
stuff with a can of water remover and octane booster.

The last step seemed to help as I was able to drive a ~ 1/2 mi letting the
van idle before it died.

Any suggestions on what to look for.  I checked the vacum hoses and they
all looked fine (didn't see more then two or three there) and obviously
it's getting some spark becuase it was running.  My only thought is that
there could still be some contaminate in the tank... Should I just dilute
the remaing gas with some more high test or what?????

Please help me if you can.

Repley to JWI0939 at megahertz.njit.edu

Thank you,
	Justin Ivan