DIY_EFI Digest V4 #687 /* Re Stoich */

Ken Thompson WhistleBlowers at bigpond.com
Fri Dec 10 13:46:15 GMT 1999

From: Kevin Jaeger kjaeger at superflow.com.au

We have binned every scrap of this weeks DIY_EFI. The
subject that has been debated this week regarding STOICH
is well known. Data out of your everyday hot rod type
magazine, is not worth a whole lot in the total scheme of
things. Who has herd of the practice of using the uni. library?
Clare has. We could start a huge bomb fire with the tons of
papers that have been written by people
with more knowledge on this subject than most will acquire
in a life time. Such a bomb fire would certainly unstoich the
atmosphere a little more than it is today. Poor choice of words,
I know.
The Methane from the bullsh_t that I have read this week will
most assuredly have the server administrators testing the air
fuel ratio, by their servers. That has got to contaminate a few
hard drives.
I think I missed the meaning of some of Clare's verbals, but
I think I heard the message loud and clear.
I'm with you Clare.
I believe I understand the direction Phil is coming from and
the point he is attempting to make.
I can think of perhaps another 50,000 related matters, that
are yet to be mentioned by anyone.
>From now on, how about narrowing down the topic range
a little.
If I were to pretend that this stuff were new to me and came in
on the action early in the week, I would have learnt absolutely
nothing by weeks end.
This exclusive group is here for the purpose of learning the facts
not wasting their time.
Others have visited these areas a very long time before the majority
of DIY readers had ever heard STOICH mentioned.
"Come Let Us Reason Together" using data that is very readily
available. Libraries, search engines and people like Clare and
others should send in their references and mount arguments based
on Science and Reason.
People like Phil Irving were the technology maestros in their day, yet
many of the assumptions (scientific knowledge of the day), turned
out to be a pile of crap. Someone is bound to correct me, but I think
that I'd be safe to state that Phil's engines won two F1 championships.
The pile of crap I refer to was their understanding of the reasons
behind certain phenomena related to cylinder fill while the piston
was travelling towards the combustion chamber on the compression
stroke.
Now if this had been the topic, I would have come armed, but it
isn't so I'm not.
If the level of industry has not picked up by Monday, I can already
tell that <delete> will be my favourite button, long before the mail is
opened.
Have a nice weekend,
Kevin.