Virus alert

Teller.John at orbital.com Teller.John at orbital.com
Fri Feb 12 14:43:27 GMT 1999

For a complete description check out

http://www.Europe.DataFellows.com/v-descs/ska.htm

This is a really thorough description of the Happy99 worm (trojan horse,
whatever).  Don't confuse this with the happy.exe virus - a different sort
of beast.

Since it patches your WSOCK32.DLL (basicly the code windows uses to access
the internet) but leaves a copy of it WSOCK32.SKA, you should be able to
get rid of it by deleting WSOCK32.DLL and renaming WSOCK32.SKA to
WSOCK32.DLL.   Delete the SKA.EXE and SKA.DLL files while you are there.
These files should be located in your C:\windows directory.  It seems that
this worm can only attack windows 3.X with the WIN32 extensions, since Win
95 & 98 use a file called WINSOCK.DLL instead...

Hi there
I got the attachment and opened it !!!!!
( a little picture of fireworks)
Then I deleted it.
What are the effects of this worm?
Thanks