PWM fuel pump

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Sat Feb 13 02:22:25 GMT 1999

rauscher at icst.com wrote:

> A possible better use of the PWM system will be to provide a rising
> rate fuel pressure. This will allow the pump to relax at idle, and
> to run harder as required by the right foot.

Bob and I are on the same wave length. I would like to see a pic driving it from a
tach lead, MAP sensor and fuel pressure sensor. I would like to see 25 psi delta @
0-2K rpm rising to a constant 75 psi delta above 6K rpm. Use the maps to tune the
system from here..

This could be a stand alone unit or controlled by an analog signal from the ECU..

More later when we get the proto's done.

Tom S