fuel pumps

FHPREMACH at aol.com FHPREMACH at aol.com
Sun Jan 3 18:04:07 GMT 1999

In a message dated 1/2/99 9:49:17 PM Pacific Standard Time, mpilkent at ptw.com
writes:

<< All this talk on fuel pumps brings up a question I have had.  Where can I
 find an aftermarket fuel pump for FI.  All the ones I have seen are for
 carb. engines.  I need one that puts out about 50 psi for the 3.1L V6 motor
 and can be mounted outside the tank.

 Mike
 (3.1L V6 Opel GT conversion) >>

I was at The NBAA (business jets and such) convention and talked to some
people from Weldon Pump. They make some used on both normally aspirated and
injected motors. They have a Motorsports Calogue, and have a number of big
name racers running them.  How about 180 gph at 100 psi? Very nice people to
talk with. I talked with one of the engineers and he was saying that the big
guys were running up around 200 psi for some of the efi racing systems. It was
about a year and a half ago, but they are a big name in Aviation and other
pumps. Rebuildable too. Hope the Area Codes are still good. But the address
should be good. Might be a group buy situation in the making.
My contact was

Robert F. Milar
Special Accounts Manager
po box 46479
640 Golden Parkway
Oakwood Village, Ohio 44146
Tel 904-797-7787
Fax 904-797-0205

Good luck, I had a 383 Opel Kadett years ago.
Fred Harmon
Fred Harmon Precision Machining.