1 Bar, 2 Bar, and 3 Bar MAPS

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Fri Jan 8 14:00:08 GMT 1999

doug at ddelectronics.com writes:

> Has anyone used / tried a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor?   I have a '95 Chevy 1/2
>  ton truck with a small blower making 9 lbs of boost, and I'm thinking of
>  trying a 2 BAR map sensor from Accel.   I assume all I'll have to do is
>  adjust my fuel settings.   I'm also assuming the stock computer won't throw
>  a fit with it.

There are quite a number of activities tied to the MAP sensor reading.
Switching to a 2 bar sensor allows you to monitor twice the
pressure range with the same  same5 volts..  I suspect there
will be some ide problems you will need to work out, as the
volt reading from the MAP sensor will be lower..
Idle will need some work, but athers have probably done this..
Which ECM & chip are you currently using?
How ar you providing enrichment under boost right now?
Mike V