DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Thu Jan 21 05:00:02 GMT 1999

One thing that is very inportant to remember about injection CIS vs Batch
vs SFI is on cars that have boost it is a problem to deal with lots of
boost when all injectors (or a bunch) are opened at the same time. SFI does
much better in those situations, as it is easier to deal with the fuel
pressure vs boost pressure problems.  The ideal system for me that would be
very easy to do was a concept that I posted a millenium ago, just do a SFI
Batch system (Pat Pend, (c) etc), where they are not in sync to anything,
but follow a SFI pattern. No engine sensor or sync is required (read
simple) and you get most all of the needed SFI benny's. No fuss no muss.
The over-engineering problem has plagued the efi332 project for sometime,
and getting something simple running is the way to go!

Some rambelings

Sandy