10,000 RPM

Bill Edgeworth bedgew at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 5 05:33:47 GMT 1999

I'm starting to think somebody picked up an old tach at a swap meet that
was previously on a 6 cyl and put on a V8

Have never seen an american production V8 with titanium valves and
retainers, triple springs, stud girdles (for you chevy guys) etc. etc.
required for 10,000 rpm operation.
Mega buck Nascar engines don't even like that much rpm.
In my opinion factory rods could not take that kind of speed either. I
think for that type of speed you need Either aluminum rods (which don't
last very long) or something like Carillo Titanium rods.
These are american push rod V8's not Ferrari F-1 motors!

My humble opinion

Bill Edgeworth