10,000 RPM

Bill Edgeworth bedgew at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 5 16:40:35 GMT 1999

> Maybe a couple years ago.  Some of the incar footage has shown over 9K in
> race conditions, and I'd wager, that in qualifing, they are close if not at
> 10K.
> Grumpy

Yes, I have seen this too. I was just trying to make the point that if this is
the limit for a 30 thousand dollar engine do people actually think a production
engine can do the same thing?
To my knowledge the 2 highest revving factory V8's were the chev 302 produced
in the 69 Z-28 and the Ford Boss 302 Mustang (somebody correct me If I am
wrong)
And there was no way that Either could hit 10k without valve float (long before
10k) or breaking something.

Bill Edgeworth