10,000 RPM

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 9 13:04:12 GMT 1999

At 08:28 AM 6/9/99 -0400, you wrote:
>doesn't Vermont use Saab 9000 SPGs as hiway cars, I find it hard to believe
>that a heavy car like the Caprice would keep up to the saab ( I worked at
>a Saab
>dealer and got to test drive the SPGs)

The caprice cop car in 96 had a 275HP LT1 that made 330 or 350 lb/ft torque
(Can't remember which) and I believe it had a 3.42 (or close to it) rear
gear... 0-60 was in the 7 second range... it was a bit faster than the
Impala SS.
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!