Dual fuel PFI rails....

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Wed Jun 16 13:58:07 GMT 1999

Previously, you (Barry Tisdale) wrote:
> Thanks, Shannen -
>
> Ok, on the check valve; might prevent problems, cheap insurance.
>
> On the heat soak question; can see how this might happen, especially a worst case of hot engine, parked in the sun & then stuck in traffic, etc.

I don't really see the heatsoak probem if the passages are open between the two rails the not in use passage would vent to the return on the rail in use, or am I missing something

> There's more to this than I thought.  I see the problem of single-rail w/ dual feeds as slowness in >switchover; no, I don't *need* race gas @ 1 psi, but @ WOT, can go from 1 to 15 psi in a couple of >seconds.  Just picked 1 psi as arbitrary switchover point (controlled by pressure switch, not manual).  >If there's enough 'lead time', manually switching over would work fine, w/ the purge valve delays, etc.  >I wanted sort of an automatic system, but it doesn't look as if its 'instantly' do-able.  Dual injectors >would be ideal, of course.

if you allow a small amount of mixing ( the volume of a single rail, < 1L ) it becomes easy

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8