Dual fuel PFI rails....

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 16 14:12:36 GMT 1999

At 09:58 AM 6/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
>> There's more to this than I thought.  I see the problem of single-rail w/
>dual feeds as slowness in >switchover; no, I don't *need* race gas @ 1 psi,
>but @ WOT, can go from 1 to 15 psi in a couple of >seconds.  Just picked 1
>psi as arbitrary switchover point (controlled by pressure switch, not
>manual).  >If there's enough 'lead time', manually switching over would work
>fine, w/ the purge valve delays, etc.  >I wanted sort of an automatic
>system, but it doesn't look as if its 'instantly' do-able.  Dual injectors
>>would be ideal, of course.

How about you have 2 totally seperate systems, not interconnected.  Both
fuel pumps run at the same time etc, but you have a box (solid state relay
would work just fine) that just switches over to the 2nd injector... kill
the 1st, power the 2nd.  Be the most efficient and would be instantaneous
on switchover.  That way, if the cal was done for best running on say
street driving, tailor the 2nd injectors on race gas to be slightly larger
for a bit richer mixture for most power under full boost.
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!