Dual fuel PFI rails....

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 16 22:38:24 GMT 1999

At 03:59 PM 6/16/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Correct me if I'm wrong but don't top fuel nitromethane powered motors
>(funny cars) start on alcohol (methanol) then before they enter the water
>box they which over to the nitromethane.  I'm not sure what type of valve
>they use to which over but I believe they share the same set of injectors.
>I realize that they don't which back to the alcohol until the motor is
>started again but maybe some of the system design could be used for a street
>system.

Nope... They squirt the alcohol in through the "Bug Catcher" scoop from a
squirt bottle (By hand) then crank while still squirting...  They do
restrict fuel flow during burnouts and when they back up and begin to
stage, the crew chief turns a valve to open the restriction... they limit
HP during the burnout this way... they also use about 8 gallons to make 1
1/4 mile run!
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
   Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!