alternative engines, now Hemi

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Tue Jun 22 14:23:02 GMT 1999

Bill,

Fallacies with your statement, or you could say that ya may have just
left out a few critical issues....

#1:  The crank doesn't have to be turned in order to fit it in the low
block(B-block) the block can be align bored to the size of the larger
journaled crank, this is how good ol Keith Black does/did it...

ALSO, you may be able to use the original heavy a$$ rods from the Hemi
if ya want, the piston pin height can be cast at various heights in
order to obtain the correct piston placement in the engine...

As for the 6 bolt vs. 8 bolt crank flange issue (Where the
flywheel/flexplate bolt up) is null due to parts being plentiful for
either....(But it is a noteworthy difference, which is probably why ya
mentioned it, ey?

I've gone thru the issue about whether or not we can use a hemi crank in
our rb engine block quite a while back, check out the one's I found for
sale at a swap meet at:
http://www.c-com.net/~atc347/swap

There were some VERY COOL Hemi stuff for sale, like alum rods and alloy
rods and cool pistons and stuff...

Later...

Todd....