aluminum intake cosmetics

Michael Kasimirsky mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 5 17:09:21 GMT 1999

> High Performance Coatings--Salt Lake City, Okie City. Do not
> have number
> handy, Let me know if 1-800 info cannot get it for you.
>
> They do headers, pistons, manifolds, chambers, ports, you
> name it. (Several
> different types of coatings.)

I had the exhaust system on a Suzuki GSX-R750 coated by HPC
and I was not impressed.  It cost over $200 for the coating and
the pipe rusted in less than two years.  I've heard of people getting
better results than I did, but they won't be getting any more money
from me to find out.  If anything, I'd use Jet Hot Coatings since
at least they offer a 3 year warrantee.  But in reality, I'll buy
stainless
pipes or get used to frequent reapplication of high-temp paint.

Michael Kasimirsky            1990 Yamaha FZR400 Superbike Racer
Loki Motorsports              1993 Kawasaki ZX1100D1 Streetbike Rider
FASTTRAX & WERA Expert #21  Sponsored by Loki Motorsports & Bridgestone
mtk at tmc.astm.cmri.cmu.edu